Skip to main content

Sooke Fine Arts Show

The Sooke Fine Art Show has come and gone. I didn't find any red dots this year but a lot of other pieces sold.

The quality of work was terrific. I have to congratulate the volunteers, the artists and the planners of the show once again.







This year I thought I would show you some of my favourites from the exhibition. The work was so varied and really became a visual feast.

Jeff Molloy (Mars Black) -The Good Book and the Blanket Box.
Anne Boquist - Jasmine and Peppy's New Ride.
Phoebe Dunbar - Birdseye Feast and Moonshell
Janet Dwyer - Refuge #4 of 12 and Orb Weavers #4 of 12
Mark Heine - Earth Days and Parade Floret
Krystyna Jervis - Nature Triptych
Iris Nardini - Solo
Muriel Sibley - Burden
Marla Thirsk - Disconnect
Tina Fyfe - Oil


I hope you enjoy these links and the work you will see. Next year try and make it out to the show, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Maple Puzzle Painting

 The concept behind these pieces is to create an interaction between viewer and image. The canvases can be re-arranged in multiple ways. Depending on the viewer the image can reflect the mood of the individual. Best exemplified in the TT Pine painting puzzle, the mood is represented through abstraction of the image.  The Maple Puzzle is more a study of visual observation and a bit of a mind bender.

Toronto Visit

I recently visited Toronto and got the chance to see where my first tryptich was installed. Bill Norgate, the owner of the piece is planning to change the wall colour and raise the paintings up a bit higher. This will lessen the blocking of the paintings by the equipment in his showroom. The wall colour change will bring some more warmth into the showroom space by picking up a colour from the tryptich. I really enjoyed meeting with Bill and having a chance to provide a little input in the hanging of this piece. Thanks again to my brother Norm for arranging the meeting and the tremendous hospitality shown by Norm, Helen, their daughter Linda, and Clive and my sister Linda. Cheers to all our friends new and old!

Marriage - Rust & Steel - January 19, 2015

Some of you may have been wondering where I have been. I have been battling 'The Black Dog' of depression for almost two years. By November of 2013, I had to stop painting. It has been a long hard battle but I am finally emerging from the shadow of 'The Black Dog'. I would like to thank my family and friends for their continued support over the past two years. I would also like to dedicate this painting to Merete, our friends and Montana who passed away on November 23, 2014. I hope you like it.   'Marriage Rust & Steel'  Medium: Acrylic on Canvas Size: 18" x 24"